Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Loitering


Each time I pass this bench in Hot Springs, Arkansas I crack up a little. No loitering? Really?
I find myself in a bit of a creative cul-de-sac, which happens most often when my “grown-up” job requires me to be especially logical, budget-oriented & diplomatic. After walking into my studio innocently enough, to return something to its proper place, I find myself hovering by my art table. Loitering. I am loitering, wanting to pull out the chair, sit down & make something with my hands. Now is not the time.

So I just loiter for a moment, half in & half out of the room; pulled in one direction by the creative carnival in my head & in the other direction by time constraints of grants & committees, by half-finished home-improvement projects that hold their collective breath as I walk on by.

For now, I will have to be a responsible grown-up & get some things marked off my list… I’ll step away the stacks of supplies that peer at me hopefully from the shelves in the studio.

I’ll be back in a week or so, when I can do more than loiter by my art table with my creativity whispering in my ear. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment