Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Feature art Friday: Love (still) lives here


I know... I've said it before. Recently, in fact. This phrase is stuck in my head & honestly there are worse problems to have, than to have such a lovely thought about your home stuck in your head. This art happened very quickly- in a matter of hours, in fact. First I painted the background, then I cut the colorful letters from a vintage children's book. (Don't worry... it was a library discard. Those are usually books that have been at least partially destroyed or "loved to death" after being checked out by many children over the years.) So the letters & pieces of the house were cut from some of the really large colorful photos in the book. I stamped & doodled the black detailing in the sky, then added the letters. I did paint "lives" but that is the only thing besides the background. Something like this would probably be a fun project for someone who swears that they aren't creative. Try it, you might surprise yourself. Prints available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment