Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Pottery in the Park


It was a pleasant surprise for me to discover that my weekend visit to Fort Worth, Texas coincided with 'Pottery in the Park'; an outdoor festival featuring the handmade pottery of local artists. I always enjoy the opportunity to see different kinds of art in a casual setting where you can interact with the artists and they seem so happy to explain how they made it. I appreciate how much love and care goes into the creation of each item and spent an hour walking around with my head buzzing with possibility. I was bummed about not getting to spend any time in my studio until I arrived at 'Pottery in the Park' where I was able to get a dose of inspiration from all of the artists. Nothing like a little vicarious creativity.

After looking around for a while I decided to purchase several pieces from potter Cynthia Brinson of 'Clay Babies' located in Arlington, Texas. I love that she melts glass in the center of many of her pieces, so there is an unexpected sparkle when you look inside. She was lovely and obviously really enjoyed her work. I walked away clutching my bag of treasures and grinning from ear to ear.


No comments:

Post a Comment