Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Torpedo Factory

The Torpedo Factory is one of the largest visual arts centers of its kind in the U.S. 
Located in Old Town Alexandria on the banks of the Potomac River, it hosts more than 150 artists who create work in open galleries throughout the factory. That would be a dream come true, my friends. A dream come true.
The building was an actual torpedo factory many years ago but the only thing created there now is amazing art in every imaginable medium.

My photos don't really do justice to the scale and quality of the artwork. This horse was almost my size.
This fish was most certainly my size.
Of course I had to include the dancing dogs.
If you are ever in Washington D.C. it is worth the trip to Old Town Alexandria to see it but give yourself a few hours... I went during lunch and did not have nearly enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment