Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Silver Lining Opportunity


"It hurts to look at the clouds, but it also helps, like most things that cause pain." - The Silver Linings Playbook

I have found myself sitting in front of the computer repeatedly over the last couple of weeks. 

"Say something. Say anything." I would tell myself.

"Explain yourself." I would think.

"Don't explain yourself, just smile & pretend like nothing happened." I would hear in my head, in a voice that sounded suspiciously like my mother's, now that I look back on it.

"Talk about the vacation- that was great. Yes, talk about the vacation with your family." 

"Write a post about 'circling the wagons'. Write about how when someone you love has been treated poorly you don't want to focus on anything else in the world other than helping them find a way it can never happen again."

"Write about the heart-to-heart discussions you have had, things you have learned about what you are willing to take and not willing to take. How you would treat people if you ever find yourself on the other side of a similar situation."

"Write about the great ideas that came out of the whole mess, once you had picked it all to pieces. About the silver linings. About how lucky you are in so many other ways. About how you wouldn't trade your life with anyone else in the world."

So there. I wrote about it all. All of it & none of it. So now maybe I can get on with it & write about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment