Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Feature Art Friday: playing catch-up

I'm happy to say I finally got the most recent art added to my Etsy store. This bird print is available in a 5x7 and an 8x10. This was painted as a birthday gift for a friend who loves birds, books and all things pink. I was a little lost for a while about halfway through because I was painting with colors I don't use often- but I really liked the completed art. I'm really amazed at the amount of detail you can see in the digital prints. Even in this photograph of a print of the art- I feel like it really looks like the art.


Both the Poppies and the Sea Turtles are listed as a giclee, which is a different (and more expensive) way of reproducing art. It is a pigment-ink printing process and it really truly looks exactly like the original art. I was stunned at the amount of detail that is visible- you can see each layer in the painting. This is the first time I have ever listed giclee prints but it will definitely not be the last. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.



The art inspired by the Hafiz quote is listed as a 5x5 and an 8x8 digital print, but any of the digital prints can be done in a giclee. I love this quote- the moment I heard it I pictured the art in my head.




No comments:

Post a Comment