Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

SMASH book: Best of July 2013


Yes... it is August. I missed the end of July by a day but I have been wringing every last bit of time that I could from July, so I am a day behind. Here are some of the very best things that happened in July:

Going on vacation: We took the boys on our first real family vacation. This is going to have to be a separate blog post, because it really can't be summed up in a couple of sentences. But we all went to the beach, which is one of my favorite places. The art above always reminds me of summertime & the beach, it is by Jane Evershed.  

Coming home from vacation: As much as I love going on vacation, I love coming home even more. Knowing I will see Maisy, Ralphie & Ron Burgundy, I get to sleep in my own bed, be in my familiar surroundings... I enjoy vacation, but I enjoy coming home too. 

A visit from my best friend: My best friend & her daughter were in town for a week- for one week I got to pretend that they had never moved away. I got to hear a key in the door & look up & see one or both of them strolling in & it made me so happy. Lori & I got to spend an afternoon going to flea markets & I am not sure how they fit everything in the car for the ride home. 

A visit from my family: I saw most of my mom's side of the family, most of whom I have not seen in 5 years. I stood on top of a mountain in Hot Springs & watched all of the newest members of the family get to know each other & climb on the same rocks that the generation before them had 20 years ago. It amazes me how our capacity for love grows as families expand. There really is no limit to it. And just being reminded of that fact was enough to make me want to wring a little extra time out of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment