Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thoughts on creative bribery

Bribery.

It’s seen by so many as a negative term, & I suppose in many instances it is… but when I am feeling overwhelmed with several almost-finished projects it becomes a very effective tool to “encourage” me.

I occasionally take on a bit too much, or get partway finished with one project & decide to start another one. It’s fine for a while but at some point there are really just too many things going on in this tiny little room. It’s official… I’ve reached capacity.

In an effort to “encourage” myself, I have purchased materials for a new project (seems counterintuitive, I know) but I’m not letting myself play with them until I finish the following:



Baby gift- due this week. Yikes! Ever tried to paint something plaid? No? Then no judging!



Family tree- I’ve been working on this one pretty consistently, but Baby Gemma has a big family (especially on her mother’s side :) ).



Gram’s birds- this is a thank you gift, I’m actually finished with the sewing bit of it, but procrastinating delivery because I’m not much of a seamstress & it’s a gift for a 90 year old who makes Martha Stewart seem like a bit of a novice. At everything.

I also want to list 5 items on Etsy- I don’t even have to make them. They are made… just take the photos, edit them & list the items so I can put the finished projects away.

So no playing with the stuff for the new project until this list is finished. What can I say? Desperate times call for desperate measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment