Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

37 things to do before I turn 38


Well here it is... my new birthday list. It's my second year doing this & I had just as much fun making it this year as last. A couple of observations... I tried to list concrete things that can be easily measured. Yes, it's true... the statistics classes I had to take while getting my undergraduate degree made it nearly impossible for me to determine "when" I could mark something off if it wasn't well defined. I know- I'm a nerd. Having been a juvenile probation officer at one point in my life, I have been called worse things. Trust me on this.


If you saw my list last year, you may notice there are a few repeats of things I didn't get to. I'm just determined to make some of these things happen & if that means having it on my list for the next 8 years, that's fine. You can start heckling me sometime around year 4. There is even one repeat that I did accomplish... 'do something new'. Being a creature of habit, it is a good thing for me to have a reason to try something out of the ordinary. Yes, knowing it is on the list is enough motivation for me & YES, I know that is further evidence that I am a nerd. A list-following nerd.


Last observation... in retrospect, it appears that I must have been hungry when coming up with ideas. I don't think food made the list at all last year & this year that is clearly not the case!


Do you make a birthday list? I'd love to hear about it...

2 comments:

  1. great list! you're inspiring me to do mine! (i turn 38 in march)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Tammie, I'd love to see what makes your list.

      Delete