Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Art Week 2011 & practicing spontaneity



It's Art Week over here... an entire week off work from my "grown up job" when I get an entire week to make some of the art that has been rolling around in my head for the last year. I'm completely blissed out & probably seem intoxicated to anyone I come in contact with, which should make my impending trip to the art supply store pretty interesting.


It's amazing to me how quickly a few things can happen during this week off work: my stress level plummets, my energy level climbs & I become the most patient person on the planet. If I have said "hey, don't worry about it, no big deal" once, I have said it a million times. And it's only Tuesday.


One if the things I have really wanted to learn how to do, but haven't found the time to practice until now is this technique in the photos. You paint much of the background with the intent of painting around it & over it in a way that much of it actually becomes the foreground. I realize that didn't make any sense. Hey, don't worry about it... it's no big deal.

Tomorrow I'll post a finished project using this technique. I'm loving how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment