Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Best of September

1. Weather change
2. Watching my nephews play football
3. Art class begins
4. Pumpkin spice latte
5. Dinner at Sushi Cafe
6. Fall T.V. shows
7. Tomato basil soup from Le Madeleine
8. Lots of new commissions
9. Being driven around Little Rock to take photos for new art
10. Daydreaming with a friend about her creative life

I don't know what it it about the weather change- each autumn as the temperature becomes manageable & the leaves start to turn & each spring as the sun starts to peek out & flowers start to bloom, it inspires me. I often face fall with a little dread because I know winter is around the corner. I'm not a fan of the cold... but this year I am welcoming it- all of it. Someone remind me of that when I'm whining in February.

There appears to be a running theme in this list... food. Sushi Cafe is a favorite all year, & they recently expanded so the wait for a table isn't as long- although it is certainly worth the wait. Soup from Le Madeleine is perfect when there is a little chill in the air- it might have been even better if I waited until October to have it. And what about pumpkin spice latte? It's basically a seasonal caffeinated dessert in drink form. My mouth is watering right this second even thinking about it. I had one a few days ago, for the first time since last year & I actually pulled out of the drive thru grinning from ear to ear.

My nephews play football, & although I don't really know all of the rules of the sport I scream like an idiot when they are on the field. I would prefer that they play something less dangerous, but that just makes me scream even louder when they are outrunning someone on the other team.

Art class... it is so inspiring to be surrounded by people who get as excited as you do about a new paint color or brush. I'm going to be looking forward to it every week.

There are all sorts of new shows on this time of year- I try not to sit in front of the TV unless there is actually something on that I know I want to see & this time of year there are plenty of those.

I'm not sure what happened, but I have had so many commissions for original art recently. I have  so much gratitude that I can't even tell you... I remember the first time a "stranger" contacted me about doing a commission. I was calm until hanging up the phone, at which point I almost injured myself hopping around in excitement & crashing into things in my office. It wasn't pretty. Now most of the commissions I get are from people I don't know- friends of friends, people who have seen my website,etsy or art, or have picked up a business card along the way... & I could just pinch myself sometimes to be sure it is real. I have so much gratitude.

You will be seeing some of the photos I took around town- bits of Little Rock are going to start showing up in my art over the next few weeks & I am really excited to see how they turn out.

This month has also afforded me the opportunity to daydream & brainstorm with a good friend about a creative venture in her future- an effort to follow her dreams. 

What a great month- I can't wait to see what October brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment