Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

SMASH book: Ideas are awesome


Recently I found myself mentally stuck- completely unable to move in any direction on several projects. I have a hard time giving myself “down time” with regard to creativity & commissions, having a full-time job & a part-time job do not really leave as much free time to work on my creative ventures… so it sometimes seems as if I should be making things with every spare moment I can find. My brain apparently disagreed & put me in some sort of mental time out. I spent an embarrassing amount of time yesterday staring. Staring at a list. Staring at the computer. Just staring.


I decided on the way home that I would not require anything of myself once I got there. I would not even try to make any progress on anything, unless someone wanted to engage me in a staring contest because I could totally wipe the floor with someone in a staring contest at this point. Just ask my computer.


It made me very happy to arrive at home & discover that the SMASH book I ordered had arrived. Have you ever seen one of these? It’s a great little journal with all sorts of prompts & lots of different pages made from cardstock. It even comes with a pen that had a glue stick on its rear end. No joke.


So the evening was spent playing with my new creative treat, which seemed to shake me out of my fog. My brain even started working again & before I knew it I was coming up with new ideas. Time out should always be so productive… because ideas are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment