Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

A letter of apology to our new IKEA table


Dear Table,

I know this is not what you had in mind when we brought you home. You probably watched the Ikea store fade from sight out the back window of the car while dreaming of the lovely dinner parties you would host; the kind where everyone talks about the funky contemporary table & how great it is… I won’t lie- I actually shared the same hope for you. Unfortunately it has become abundantly clear that for the time being you & I will be spending a lot of time together- it just won’t involve food… Unless I decide to eat while I paint, which is always a viable option.


I apologize for not making your dreams come true. Would it sting a little less if I offered to buy you a nice outfit & some jewelry? Maybe place mats, napkins & sparkly napkin rings from Pottery Barn or Crate & Barrel? Or do you want to be truly unselfish & let them stay at the store where they might be purchased by someone who actually uses the dining room table for dinner? 


Just let me know when you decide- you know where to find me.


Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment