Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Quote of the month: Eckhart Tolle & the finger painting

A few things that make me happy about this month’s quote & art…

1. The background was finger-painted & who doesn’t like finger-painting? Sadly, most of us haven’t tried it since kindergarten, so I encourage you to go buy some cheap craft paint (the kind that is less than $1 for a bottle) & get out some scrap paper & try it out. Don’t worry with how it looks, it’s about how it feels & how it makes you feel. Don’t try to make it “look” like anything… check out the mess I made for a background…So. Much. Fun. 


2. It is inspired by a quote from Eckhart Tolle, author of ‘A New Earth’ which is one of my favorite books.

3. It’s the first quote of the new year & I do love a new year… each January I find myself flipping through the calendar, peering at all of the days to come & wondering what sort of good things might happen. At the beginning of the year, so many days are just numbers on the calendar, but maybe something wonderful might happen on what might have been an ordinary day… and it will never be ordinary again.


4. I also love the idea of leaving the past behind & only choosing to bring the bits of it I want with me into the present moment… because it really is our choice what we bring with us to each moment, isn’t it?

Happy New Year! I wish for you a year full of health, happiness & inspiration to do the things you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment