Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Art Gallery Love: New Orleans


During my recent trip to New Orleans, I was really excited to see the art gallery of George Rodrigue, the artist made famous by his brightly-colored blue dog, who he paints in every imaginable setting... always in brightly saturated color. He's a man after my own heart.


It was late when I got there so I had to be content to stand outside on the sidewalk in the French Quarter peering in the window. It was magical for me, not because I was sharing the sidewalk with a ghost tour or because I could hear a brass band meandering the street a block away, but because I was staring at that blue dog. And he was staring right back at me.


Or maybe he was staring at something going on with that ghost tour- he does look perpetually startled. When you are in New Orleans, how can you ever know?

No comments:

Post a Comment