Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Telling myself I told you so

This is the Cox Creative Center- one of my favorite places in Little Rock. It's downtown & sits at the other end of the parking lot from the main library, sorta like a quirky relative... it's brightly colored & you can't ever really know what to expect when you get there. It's full of used books, art, handmade jewelry & lovely things like that. There's a cute little cafe called 'Bookends' and a nice patio where you can read & eat. When I go to the library I always try to make sure I have time to go to the other end of the parking lot to check on the quirky relative.
This is the main library. See how serious it looks? Not too long ago, I was walking dutifully from the library down the sidewalk in the middle of the parking lot to the Cox Creative Center when I saw the BEST thing: someone had knitted an outfit for the little concrete bench, complete with a little knitted rosette thingy- it seriously looked like the bench was wearing a rather stylish hat. The trash can was also festooned in some brightly-colored attire. (festooned- love that word & don't get to use it often enough.) There was even a sash with little knitted flags hanging in the tree. I wanted to take a photo to show you, because I knew you would love it like I did. (I loved it so much I applauded, all by myself in the middle of the parking lot.) But I was in a rush... and didn't have my "good" camera with me, so I decided to come back later to take the photo.
A few days later, I returned to find a naked park bench, trash can & tree. I could have kicked myself... why didn't I just snap a photo with the iphone? Now you all won't get to see what a concrete bench looks like wearing a hat. Lesson learned. I hope you will take my word for it, because it was cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment