Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Forgetting the worst case scenario or remembering the alamo or both

The best tree ever... at the Alamo in San Antonio, TX
I need a new motto, if that’s what it’s called.

Maxim?

Adage?

Slogan?

Definitely not slogan… that sounds as if I’m making a commercial, maybe with a 1950’s radio jingle. No offense directed at jingles, or at the 1950’s for that matter. I wouldn’t want to offend an entire decade, and if I did there would probably be others higher on the list. The 80’s come to mind. This could be a separate post… I digress.

Mantra, maybe? My mantra is “hope for the best, prepare for the worst.” I wish I could say I selected it, but it just happened. You know, ‘just happened’ in the way that you ‘just happen’ to finish an entire plate of chocolate chip cookies while watching Project Runway and find yourself amazed and saddened when you realize what you have done.

I have recently decided that while ‘preparing for the worst’ may be terribly responsible, it is also exhausting. It may put you in the arguably enviable position of never being disappointed by a bad outcome, since you are PREPARED for the worst scenario, but it honestly does take the concept of the ‘decision tree’ to a whole. new. level.

How I will accomplish mastery of a new mantra 35 years after the first one crept up on me is truly beyond me, but I am going to give it a world class effort.

Anyone know where I could purchase bad motto repellent, and at what cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment