Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Art week day 3: Kathy Griffin made me cry




I didn't take many photos yesterday. I would like to blame the dying camera battery and the 'photo-bombing' cat, but the battery is rechargeable and Ron Burgundy has always liked to show up unexpectedly in photos. It's one of his favorite tricks. I just didn't often find myself reaching for the camera.

We watched 'Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List' last night and she talked about her dog Chance dying. He was 13. She was really sweet about him and she focused part of the show on her search for another dog once some time had passed and she felt that she was ready. I'm awfully sorry about her dog but I'm so thankful that she is so dedicated to saving shelter dogs. She had a dog trainer bring her 3 that they thought might be a good fit with Pom Pom, her lab... and I knew which one she would pick the moment she met them all. His name is Larry and I hope he is very happy in his new home.

I also hope someone somewhere saw that show and started a discussion with their family about saving a dog or cat. It really is the best feeling in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment