Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Paradise

My name is Sherry Williamson and I am an artist who specializes in quirky and colorful pet portraits. This postcard hangs just outside the doorway to my studio and I think it is a perfect description- it really is my favorite place.

I really enjoy every aspect of the creative process, from hearing about the pets to picking out colors. If you love pets and/or creativity, this is the place for you!

I plan to post 3 times each week.

Monday: Art in Progress- which will involve a snapshot of what was going on in my studio over the weekend, and maybe some in-progress photos of specific projects.

Wednesday: Musings- these posts will be different items each week… maybe something that inspires me creatively or how I manage my studio time while working a full-time professional job elsewhere, maybe observations on the world. I think it’s reasonable that I get one day to ramble.

Friday: Feature Art- These posts will include photos of completed commissions and maybe stories about the pet in the portrait or the people owned by the pet. I meet the most amazing people and hear the best stories. Sometimes I can’t believe I get paid to do this… how lucky am I?

This is all subject to change.

Depending on my mood.

You know how artists can be… *sniff*

Comments are welcome! I would love to hear about your pets or what inspires your creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment