Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Enjoy the Process



Only two more work days until something I am very excited about… so excited, in fact that I am trying to figure out why I haven’t done this before… I’m taking an ENTIRE week off from my professional job to make art. (Disclaimer: I do take time off before Christmas each year to finish all the commissioned pet portraits that go out as holiday purchases, but I’m not taking off for commissions… actually quite the opposite.) I’m taking off just to play in my studio and make some of the projects I have been carrying around in my head.

I love doing commissions & pet portraits are always entertaining- it makes me really happy to meet people who love their dogs and cats enough to have them painted, but I am really looking forward to painting something and having no idea how it will turn out. It is a fair bet that at least some of the art I create next week will be of the canine and feline persuasion… but it doesn’t have to look just like a pet in a photo. It may, in fact be pink and have wings. I don’t know just yet.

The only other guidelines I am giving myself besides ‘no working on commissions’ is that I want to try some new mediums or techniques and to simply enjoy the process, with little concern for the outcome. That’s the theme for Art Week 2010… ‘Enjoy the Process’…

I can’t wait to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment